Applications to various posts at central university of Himachal Pradesh
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS & ESSENTIAL INFORMATION
1. CONTROLLER OF EXAMINATIONS :
- Master's Degree with at least 55% of the marks or its equivalent grade of B in UGC seven
- At least 15 years of experience as Assistant Professor in AGP of Rs 7000/- and above or 8
years of service with AGP of Rs 8000/- and above including as Associate Professor along with
the experience in Higher Educational Administration.
Comparable experience in research establishments and /or other institutions of higher
15 years of administrative experience of which 8 years as Deputy Registrar or an equivalent
- Adequate experience in the pre-conduct and post-conduct of University examinations or
other comparable examinations.
- Working knowledge of examination software and result automation.
- Master’s Degree in Library Science /Information Science/documentation with at least 55%
marks or its equivalent grade of B in the UGC seven point scale and consistently good
- At least thirteen years as a Deputy Librarian in a University library or eighteen years experience as a College Librarian.
- Evidence of innovative library service and organization of published work.
Desirable : M.Phil./ Ph.D. Degree in library science/information science / documentation/archives and manuscript-keeping.
3. DEPUTY LIBRARIAN
- Master’s Degree in library science/information science/documentation with at least 55% marks or its equivalent grade of B in the UGC seven point scale and a consistently good academic record.
- Five years experience as an Assistant University Librarian/College Librarian.
- Evidence of innovative library services, and organization of published work and professional commitment, computerization of library.
Desirable : M. Phil. /Ph.D. Degree in library science/Information science /Documentation/Archives and manuscript-keeping, computerization of library.
4. DEPUTY REGISTRAR
- Master’s Degree with at least 55% of the marks or its equivalent grade of B’ in the UGC seven point scale with -
a) Nine years’ of experience as Assistant Professor in the AGP of ` 6000 and above with experience in educational administration.
b) Comparable experience in research establishment and/or other institutions of higher education.
c) 5 years’ of administrative experience as Assistant Registrar or in an equivalent post in a University / similar Institution.
Desirable : Good working knowledge of computer application.
Note : Teachers appointed to the post of Deputy Registrar and equivalent, shall be entitled to appropriate Grade Pay for these categories of posts, and shall not retain Academic Grade Pay for the teaching post held.
5. ASSISTANT REGISTRAR
- Good academic record plus Master’s Degree with at least 55% of the marks or its equivalent grade of B in the UGC seven point scale.
- Five years of experience as Section Officer in Central/State University/Government Department.
6. ASSISTANT LIBRARIAN
- Master’s Degree in Library Science / Information Science / Documentation Science or an equivalent professional degree with at least 55% marks or equivalent grade in a point scale.
- Consistently good academic record with knowledge of computerization of library.
- Qualifying in the national level test conducted for the purpose by the UGC or any other agency approved by the UGC.
- However, candidates, who are, or have been awarded Ph. D. degree in accordance with the “University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree), Regulations 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of University Assistant Librarian.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS & ESSENTIAL INFORMATION
- The University reserves the right to withdraw any advertised post at any time without assigning any reason. The right is also reserved with the University either to fill or not to fill any or all the posts and its decision in this regard shall be final.
- Mere eligibility will not entitle any candidate for being called for interview.
- The University reserves its right to place reasonable limit on the total number of candidates to be called for interview.
- Stringent criteria may be applied for short-listing the candidates to be called for interview.
- Minimum requirements of qualifications and/or experience can be relaxed in respect of exceptionally qualified candidates by the Screening Committee with the approval of the Vice Chancellor.
- Higher initial pay may be given to exceptionally qualified and deserving candidates.
- Applicants not found suitable for higher positions may be considered for lower position.
- Reservation Policy will be followed as per Govt. of India Rules. The SC/ST/OBC candidates are required to attach the caste certificate as per prescribed format.
- Relaxation of 5% in minimum educational qualification prescribed for the post will be provided to SC/ST/Physically handicapped candidates.
- The process of selection may be by a written test/ presentation/ interview or a combination thereof.
- Application should be accompanied with a non-refundable demand draft Rs 500/ for general category and Rs 125 for SC/ST and handicapped candidates drawn in favour of the Central University of Himachal Pradesh payable at Dharamshala.
- The application duly filled in on the prescribed form must reach the office of the Vice Chancellor, Central University of Himachal Pradesh, Post Box No.21, Dharamshala, Distt. Kangra (Himachal Pradesh)-176215 on or before 15th February, 2011. Applications received after this date shall not be considered.
- Separate application along with application fee should be submitted for each post applied for.
- The persons serving in Central/State Government/Autonomous Bodies (Central /State) may be taken on deputation up to 3 years.
- The service conditions including pay scales and age of superannuation shall be as per UGC/University rules/norms.
- The applicants serving in Government/Semi-Government organization/Public Sector Undertaking/Autonomous Organizations must send their applications "Through Proper Channel." The applications received without the recommendations of the employers will not be considered. However, an advance copy of application may be sent followed by the original application through proper channel.
- Candidates shall have to produce original documents at the time of appearing in Test/Interview.
- Canvassing in any form may lead to cancellation of candidature.
- Incomplete applications or without relevant supporting enclosures (attested copies of degree/certificates/marks sheets/ experience certificate, etc) will be out-rightly rejected.
- Minimum qualification may be relaxed in case of departmental candidates.
- The University shall not be responsible for postal delay, if any.